Why you should not use a razor to remove your unwanted hair.
Shaving has been a tried and tested method of hair removal for centuries, however, these are just a few of the disadvantages of shaving:
- 1. Ingrown hairs. Razor shaving causes the hair follicle to change its growth direction, leaving it trapped under your skin which leads to the presence of ingrown hairs.
- 2. Shaving is not always suitable for all skin types. Extra sensitive skin can get easily irritated right after you shave since shaving removes a very thin layer of your skin along the process.
- 3. Repetitive usage of a razor causes red or dark spots, If you shave regularly, you will end up removing hair on the surface of your skin and not from the roots, which can leave dark spots on your skin. Also red and itchy skin can be a result of shaving and not moisturizing your skin enough.
- 4. The effect of hair removal by shaving can only last for a week, maximum. After shaving, hair tends to appear faster and drier. (P.S. Hair tends to grow faster during and right before your period.)
- 5. Shaving might not be very safe. While shaving, you can unintentionally hurt or harm yourself when the blade is too sharp or you’re not completely focused.
Why you should consider Variable Pulse Light Hair (VPL) reduction/removal
VPL is an upgraded, advanced version of IPL. It uses light of variable wavelengths in a sequence of rapid, shorter pulses to target the melanin within the hair follicles in the Anagen stages ( when the hair is developing). To kill the hair at this stage. VPL is kinder to the skin than Laser and IPL as it controls the amount of light that is absorbed by your skin.
- 1. It is Quick and easy – VPL devices have a relatively large treatment window and are able to cover large areas quickly (in comparison to laser or electrolysis). Typically, it is likely to take around 10 – 15 minutes for a whole leg.
- 2 .No unsightly regrowth – you can shave between treatments and, unlike waxing, epilating or using depilatories, you do not need to allow the hair to grow at all for VPL to be effective.
- 3. No Ingrown hair – VPL avoids the risk of ingrown hairs experienced with other methods such as waxing and shaving.
- 4. Permanent results – over time, you should see a permanent reduction in hair re-growth, if you continue with treatments. The number of treatments required will reduce and the time between treatments increase.
- 5. Lighter re-growth – hair that does re-grow will become lighter and finer and less easy to see.
Health and Serenity Spa offers VPL treatments in all areas for women, and selected areas for men, to help with the cost we allow you to spread payments over 12 months. You could be looking at a hair-free existence from as little as £20.00* per month.
Now is the time to start on your hair free journey, so why not give us a call to book a consultation.
*Dependant upon area.